Possibility can be GREAT or not so great.
Maybe not what you considered, but “possibility” simply is something that could or could not happen. And that makes possibility the unknown.
When life choices fall into the unknown, they may create worry and worry creates anxiety.
Part of the problem lay in the many choices we face. And you say well choice is good right? And I say for sure. But think of it this way.
Many find making a decision difficult. And the more times it is difficult makes the next decision possibly difficult?
Why? It’s like training the dog.
we repeat repeat repeat and then the doggie gets it. And we reward them. But in mind science we often don’t consider training.
We train for a marathon. But do we often train our mind for the bigger marathon of life!
Train for decision making?
And when we don’t we feel shaky. As in nervous, shakin’ in our boots shaky. Why because having a difficult time choosing puts our mind in limbo. And we don’t do “limbo” well. It stand in the class of not being in control, or even perceived control.
Psychology states we must at least have the semblance of control, even if it perceived. (meaning not necessarily true). So even the attempt at decisions making makes us feel better.
And the facts are, making a choice typically doesn’t have to be fatal. (unless up the creek without a paddle) Or skydiving without a para-shoot.
Turns out making any decision is better; for our mind; than making no decision at all.
Three things happen.
- Decisions are goal setters. Gives us purpose and intention. Maybe the move doesn’t take us exactly where we want to go. Doesn’t mean we won’t come to a cross-road. There we change course, by making another choice.
- But we learned where that road lead. So it was helpful even though it wasn’t the best choice.
- Our minds felt more in control of our situation.
- If you look at the pic. It shows possibilities. That’s a lot for our minds to think about. So much information to gather on each possibility. The energy expended when we fail to make a decision is mind boggling. It creates stress! The result in loss of clarity, inefficient and stuck.
- The mind becomes trained. To make decisions and choice, rather than stagnate. A decisive mind holds less worry, anxiety and stress.
Small and unquestionable stuff. We begin with socks and underwear.
Socks. What socks are you going to put on today.
Underwear: What underwear are you going to put on.
Then we graduate: Lunch. Choose you lunch.
Each time a choice is made, your mind strengthens. So what’s next?
You choose. Today’s exercise, a weekend plan or laundry.
Like all “exercises, we build expertise. before long decisive decisions will feel natural and easy.
Stay well out there.
I’m here if you are wanting to fast track your training. I’m reachable below